Private Loire Valley tour by Well Arranged Travel featuring Châteaux de Chenonceau, Chateaux de Chambord, Azay Le Rideau, Chinon, Garden in Villandry, Winery
Customize this Loire Valley tour. Inquire
Loire Valley tour package includes:
Our Loire Valley mini-tour package includes services of your expert Loire tour guide, private transportation, wine tasting, and entrance tickets to sites indicated in the itinerary. Assistance in securing hotel, train tickets.
NOTE: Your hotel will be booked in Tours. It is also possible to arranged private transportation starting in Paris. Itinerary can be fully customized.
Departure Points: Tours in Loire Valley or Paris.
FOR TOUR PACKAGE PRICING
Private Loire Valley Tour Itinerary
Day 1 – Loire Valley Tour: – Travel to Tours, Guided Tour of Tours, Overnight in Tours
Your guide will meet you at the train station or your hotel if you are already staying in Tours. The day plan as follows:
- Pick up at train station in Tours and hotel check-in
- Guided tour of the City of Tours
- Lunch stop
- Sainte Gatien Cathedral, a Roman Catholic cathedral with medieval stained glass windows, 16th century organ and Royal tombs.
- Musee des Baux-Artes (Fine Art Museum) housed in the bishop’s former palace. Flemish, Italian, French artists and more are represented. Plus some masterpieces.
Day 2 – Loire Valley Tour: Chateaus of Chambord and Chenonceau, Amboise, Overnight in Tours
Your guide will picked you up at your hotel for a beautiful drive into the Loire Valley. Your guide will take you to the following:
- Chateaux de Chambord, the decadent palace of François I featuring a double-spiral staircase designed by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Drive along the Loire to Amboise, with a glimpse of the Royal Châteaux de Blois and some free time to explore and have lunch
- Châteaux de Chenonçeau, an elegant castle built on the Cher River.
Day 3 – Day Trip in Loire Valley: Azay-le-Rideau, Chinon and Villandry Garden Tour, Winery Visit: Wine Tasting, Overnight in Tours
Today, your private Loire Valley tour with our expert guide features the following:
- Château of Azay le Rideau, one of the finest examples of Renaissance architecture in the Loire Valley. Financier Gilles Berthelot’s castle, built on an island on the Indre River, features mullioned windows, pepper pots, dormers and a graceful staircase.
- Wine tasting at a vineyard in Chinon or Bourgueil. Optional lunch at the winery.
- Lunch stop when appropriate.
- Picturesque towns Chinon with its medieval streets like an open-air museum of architecture and history. Decadent town houses built by the King’s financers or ministers, and once hometown of Joan of Arc to Richard the Lionheart.
- Villandry, with one of the most stunning gardens in Touraine. A traditional medieval and Renaissance garden, this 15-acre, all-organic garden boasts more than a thousand linden trees and a number of theme gardens, to include the Love Garden, Kitchen Garden, Aromatic and Medicine Plant Garden, Water Garden and Sun Garden.
- At the end of the tour, you will be taken to your hotel or train station for your trip back to Paris.
Back to top